DONSCHMITZ ENDORSED by the Ventura County Republican Party
The City of Thousand Oaks personifies the best attributes of California, but we must build on the successes of the past, while preparing for future challenges. As a City Council member I am committed to the residents of Thousand Oaks to fight for what matters to us most and to continue to build a foundation for growth and safety in our community for generations to come.
The primary responsibilities of the City Council include:
- Ensuring public health and safety
- Maintaining and improving our public infrastructure
- Protecting our environment and open space
- Supporting our local economy and jobs
- Supporting our excellent schools
My primary goals will be:
- Keeping T.O. Financially strong with sound fiscal policies
- Protecting T.O. from unfunded State and Federal mandates
- Enhancing our preparedness for regional wildfires
- Preparing for potential worsening of the homeless problem
- Develop a comprehensive affordable housing plan
- Protecting our children with school safety improvements
- 1,000 Oak trees for Thousand Oaks green zone expansion
- Comprehensive Traffic plan that relieves traffic bottlenecks
DON SCHMITZ | Serving the community of Thousand Oaks
Keeping Thousand Oaks Strong!
I have been a professional land use planner and legislative consultant for 30 years, for both the government and private sector, planning and promoting parks, trails, marinas, equestrian facilities, vineyards, roads, sewer and water infrastructure, environmental restoration, commercial and residential farming, vintners, trails and equestrian committees.
I understand how government works (and sometimes dosen’t), with a proven track record of accomplishing community goals in city, county, state, and federal government.
I am honored by your consideration to help fight for what matters to the residents of Thousand Oaks.